We’ve been homeschooling for the past 7 years. I’ve been working full time for the past 5. It is possible, but you have to let go of all the things you think school looks like. You can have a rich, well rounded education and only “school” a few hours a day. You can school outside. You can make your kids do chores and count it as home ec. You’re welcome 😜.
If you have any questions, please reach out. I’m happy to help with curriculum options, schedules, and resources. You’ve got this. 👊
1. You are NOT going to mess your kids up by homeschooling.
2. Home school does NOT have to look like school at home.
3. You don’t have to do school during “school“ hours.
4. Or “school” days. Saturday and Sunday can be school days too!
5. Keep a good(ish) routine.
6. Pajamas are your new school uniform.
7. Read lots of books.
8. Gardening = science. 🍅
9. Baking = math + chemistry. 🍞
10. Riding bikes/playing at the park = PE.
11. Work outside if you can. ☀️
12. Get a bigger office. (I can help!) I’m laughing in the video about moving your office outside because I just met with our architect to draw up plans for an outside office. #thankscorona 😂
13. Give yourself and everyone else lots of grace.
14. Make it fun! Play in the mud, let your kids take in the dirt, use glitter, waste some glue, bake, dance, tell stories, lineup sticks, stack rocks, it all counts!
15. It will be okay. ✌🏻
You can watch my video about working and homeschooling here 👉 https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=303736984159970
For the next two weeks I will be collecting diapers for the Fredericksburg United Methodist Church Food Pantry. The FUMC Food Pantry is one of the only food resources left open. Most of the other area food pantries have closed due to Covid-19. After speaking with them I learned that they have plenty of food for local families but could really use diapers. Specifically they asked for the larger sizes, which are hard to come by. If you would like to donate you can drop the diapers off at my office downtown, Coldwell Banker Elite, 520 William St, 22401 (right across from Sedona), or I can pick them up. Just send me a text or email. ❤️
It seems like everything needs to change. Everything needs reform. Everything needs to be done. But everything is too overwhelming. It’s hard to focus on all the problems at once. It’s much easier to take action when you have a specific goal and you make one move at a time. I love my community and so this week I’m focusing on just one thing I can do to help my neighbors. I’m hosting a virtual food drive for the Fredericksburg Regional Food Bank.
So many people have been out of work or struggling because of Covid-19 and while the restrictions are easing, not everyone has gone back. According to a Marketplace-Edison Research Poll, 44% of Americans fear they won’t have enough food because of the economic situation surrounding the coronavirus. Let that sink in. 44% of Americans. That is nearly half of the population. With the uncertainty in the market persisting, the need is real and every little bit helps.
I will be donating virtually to the regional food bank, but also in person to the FUMC Food Pantry downtown. If you also feel led to help, the link to the virtual drive is below. If you’d rather give groceries and would like me to pick up and deliver, I would love to do that.
If you know someone who could use an extra bag of groceries send me an email or text and I’ll make sure it happens. ❤️