Fredericksburg Cupcake on George Street is absolutely a must stop when you’re downtown!
Their cupcake flavors are bold without being “weird”. If you know what I mean. The Guinness cupcakes were so moist and tasty, the strawberry flavor was heavenly, and the dark chocolate chocolate cupcakes were divine!
We bought a dozen cupcakes for my daughter’s birthday recently and were not disappointed with any of the flavors. My 8 year old’s favorite was the rose water. 🤷 He’s an adventurous eater for sure! My daughter loved the strawberry & her friends loved the red velvet and peanut butter. Overall, they were a HUGE hit around here.
Try them out next time you’re out and about downtown, or if you need cupcakes for your next celebration. Or, you know, a random Wednesday.
“No Noodle, No Life” & “Know Noodle, Know Life” are mantras to live by, especially if you love pho bowls 🍜 as much as I do! These are the words inscribed on the walls of Mian Noodle House.
Downtown Fredericksburg definitely gained a gem when Mian opened it’s doors in early 2018! This Asian Fusion, noodle restaurant is AMAZING! My family loves the build your own pho bowls and the chicken rice bowl. We’re not big meat eaters around here and the tofu option is some of the best I’ve ever had. Seriously, if you haven’t tried it yet, you should!
Mian is owned by the same family that owns and operates UMI, another local favorite. The tables in Mian were made by Fraser Wood Elements, located just one street over on Caroline. I love it when neighbors support neighbors 😍. The artwork is pretty fantastic too!.
When you visit, be sure to drop me a line letting me know what your favorite noodle bowl is so I know what to try next. Bonus points for pictures! 📷
It’s National Pie Day!!
I don’t have a sweet tooth. I don’t crave cakes, cupcakes, candy, cookies, or ice cream but I NEVER turn down a pie. I mean it’s mostly fruit anyway, right?? I have major thing for pie.
As a matter of fact, I joined the office “Biggest Loser” contest to jump start my 2019 goal of getting in better shape. The next day I ate blueberry pie for lunch. Seriously. No self control.
If you’re craving some AMAZING pie, here’s my list of best pies in Fredericksburg. I have selflessly taste tested each one so feel free to ask for recommendations if you have a specific pie need. Check out the links for more info about each pie establishment.
1. Paul’s Bakery – Best known for their amazing donuts, Paul’s also makes a terrific pie. They’re an old-school, family-run establishment, in business since 1973.
2008 Lafayette Blvd Fredericksburg VA 22401
2. Eileen’s Bakery and Cafe – Eileen’s is one of the first places I discovered after moving to Fredericksburg. They’re lunches are out of this world! The pies? Fabulous! The also bake for special events.
1115 Caroline Street Fredericksburg, VA 22401
3. Basilico New York Deli – A true gem in downtown Fredericksburg. This family owned deli wins the most elaborate dessert award! If you’re not in the mood for pie, I suggest the gelato. They now have a second location in Spotsylvania too.
2577 Cowan Boulevard
4. Mandala Pies – Winner of the 2017 “Made in Fred VA” contest. Mandala Pies is a veteran owned bakery specializing in stunning pies. They have a Valentine’s Day Pie Preparation Workshop coming up that looks so fun! To sign up or read more about the business, click the link above to check out their Facebook page.
5. Braehead Farm – For authentic, farm fresh pie, you really can’t get any better than Braehead Farm pies. This is where I get my weekly pie fix. For real. Every Tuesday and/or Thursday (because sometimes it’s a two pie week around here). I haven’t found a better butter crust and I’m a pretty mean pie crust baker myself. Do yourself a favor and go pick one up & be sure to tell them Amber sent you.
1130 Tyler Street Fredericksburg 22401
6. Mechelle’s Baking Company – I was introduced to Mechelle’s at the Fredericksburg Farmer’s Market last summer. Her pies knock it out of the park and she is truly a genuinely kind, fun, beautiful soul. Mechelle also caters but I hear she fills up fast so call soon if you have an event (yep, she’s that good).
Look for her at the Farmer’s Market or follow her on Facebook (link above)