It’s National Pie Day!!
I don’t have a sweet tooth. I don’t crave cakes, cupcakes, candy, cookies, or ice cream but I NEVER turn down a pie. I mean it’s mostly fruit anyway, right?? I have major thing for pie.
As a matter of fact, I joined the office “Biggest Loser” contest to jump start my 2019 goal of getting in better shape. The next day I ate blueberry pie for lunch. Seriously. No self control.
If you’re craving some AMAZING pie, here’s my list of best pies in Fredericksburg. I have selflessly taste tested each one so feel free to ask for recommendations if you have a specific pie need. Check out the links for more info about each pie establishment.
1. Paul’s Bakery – Best known for their amazing donuts, Paul’s also makes a terrific pie. They’re an old-school, family-run establishment, in business since 1973.
2008 Lafayette Blvd Fredericksburg VA 22401
2. Eileen’s Bakery and Cafe – Eileen’s is one of the first places I discovered after moving to Fredericksburg. They’re lunches are out of this world! The pies? Fabulous! The also bake for special events.
1115 Caroline Street Fredericksburg, VA 22401
3. Basilico New York Deli – A true gem in downtown Fredericksburg. This family owned deli wins the most elaborate dessert award! If you’re not in the mood for pie, I suggest the gelato. They now have a second location in Spotsylvania too.
2577 Cowan Boulevard
4. Mandala Pies – Winner of the 2017 “Made in Fred VA” contest. Mandala Pies is a veteran owned bakery specializing in stunning pies. They have a Valentine’s Day Pie Preparation Workshop coming up that looks so fun! To sign up or read more about the business, click the link above to check out their Facebook page.
5. Braehead Farm – For authentic, farm fresh pie, you really can’t get any better than Braehead Farm pies. This is where I get my weekly pie fix. For real. Every Tuesday and/or Thursday (because sometimes it’s a two pie week around here). I haven’t found a better butter crust and I’m a pretty mean pie crust baker myself. Do yourself a favor and go pick one up & be sure to tell them Amber sent you.
1130 Tyler Street Fredericksburg 22401
6. Mechelle’s Baking Company – I was introduced to Mechelle’s at the Fredericksburg Farmer’s Market last summer. Her pies knock it out of the park and she is truly a genuinely kind, fun, beautiful soul. Mechelle also caters but I hear she fills up fast so call soon if you have an event (yep, she’s that good).
Look for her at the Farmer’s Market or follow her on Facebook (link above)