We’ve been homeschooling for the past 7 years. I’ve been working full time for the past 5. It is possible, but you have to let go of all the things you think school looks like. You can have a rich, well rounded education and only “school” a few hours a day. You can school outside. You can make your kids do chores and count it as home ec. You’re welcome 😜.
If you have any questions, please reach out. I’m happy to help with curriculum options, schedules, and resources. You’ve got this. 👊
1. You are NOT going to mess your kids up by homeschooling.
2. Home school does NOT have to look like school at home.
3. You don’t have to do school during “school“ hours.
4. Or “school” days. Saturday and Sunday can be school days too!
5. Keep a good(ish) routine.
6. Pajamas are your new school uniform.
7. Read lots of books.
8. Gardening = science. 🍅
9. Baking = math + chemistry. 🍞
10. Riding bikes/playing at the park = PE.
11. Work outside if you can. ☀️
12. Get a bigger office. (I can help!) I’m laughing in the video about moving your office outside because I just met with our architect to draw up plans for an outside office. #thankscorona 😂
13. Give yourself and everyone else lots of grace.
14. Make it fun! Play in the mud, let your kids take in the dirt, use glitter, waste some glue, bake, dance, tell stories, lineup sticks, stack rocks, it all counts!
15. It will be okay. ✌🏻
You can watch my video about working and homeschooling here 👉 https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=303736984159970